Saturday, June 23, 2018

1.1 - It Begins . . . Again

A lone sim stands in an empty field, surrounded by untapped potential, at the precipice of something truly magnificent . . . . 

CHESTER - I dunno, I feel like I've done all this before . . .

That's because you have, sweetie. Yep, your eyes do not deceive you. This is in fact my Gieke Legacy founder, Chester Gieke. Standing in the now bulldozed 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay. Why? Because we're starting over! I lost all my previous generation chapters and images due to Photobucket changing policies with no warning like a bunch of ninjas.

CHESTER - Rude.

Very. At first I was just going to pick up where I left off. But I originally began this legacy when Sims 4 FIRST came out, and we've gotten so many necessary upgrades since then (ghosts, toddlers, portraits, etc) that I decided I'd just go ahead and start over completely. So, here we are!



For those who are new, and those who may have forgotten, this adorkable nerd is Chester!! He's a remake of a TS2 premade sim. He is a Geek, Clumsy and Genius sim with the Computer Whiz aspiration. Last time we lived in Willow Creek (because it was one of the only two worlds available at the time). This time we're starting out in Brindleton Bay because I lurve the fountain on this lot.

CHESTER - Seriously, she watches it. Like, a lot. It's kind've disturbing, honestly.

Silence, you. If you're interested in all the succession laws and other tid-bits, you can find that info in the 'About' section. They haven't changed from my original choices, however.


Buying the huge lot takes almost all of our starting funds however, not leaving us enough to purchase the Knight Statue per Legacy rules. Thus, Chester's first order of business is to run around collecting any and everything not nailed down that we can possibly sell.

CHESTER - Ooh, look! There's a dog!

We . . . we can't sell stray pets, Chester. That's just wrong.


Yes, much better. Dig in the random sand piles! Is it just me or do those things contain common repair parts like 80% of the time?


Being a Nerdy/Genius sim, collecting things gives Chester a special kind of joy so I don't feel too bad for having him slave away on his very first day of sim-existence.

CHESTER - Well, I mean, it's not the worst thing in the world. But if given the choice I'd much rather play some video games--.

SILENCE MINION! Dig!!!1111


After the home lot area was picked clean, I sent him off to Willow Creek's library. For several reasons, one of which was to let him get started on his programming skill while also scanning for potential mates.

And . . . every single sim that came in was a child. Every. Single. One. Seriously, there are 5 other sims in the library right now aside from Chester, and only one of them has experienced puberty. And she's the librarian. -_-*


CHESTER - These baked potatoes taste like sadness and regret.

I'm sure that's just sour cream and cheddar cheese, buddy. Another great thing about loitering around this area at the beginning of a legacy is the abundance of grills and the frequency in which other sims (usually Bob Pancakes or Summer Holiday oddly enough) make free food.


After doing all the collecting he could, Chester decided to try out the gym. It was far out of his comfort zone, but he needed a shower anyhow. 

CHESTER - There's an awful lot of testosterone in the room right now.

I'm not against a same-sex partner for Chester (now that you can manipulate things to allow for pregnancy), but every one of them were premades. Which is against the rules. Dang it. Fine! Just go home for the night.


An entire day of collecting nabbed us enough simoleons to purchase the Knight statue as well as a decent double-bed.


Before tucking in for the night, Chester went ahead and signed up for the Tech Guru career.


Once morning rolled around, it was time for a much-needed potty break. Luckily there's a public restroom near the home lot. 

CHESTER - Public bathrooms . . . ewwww . . .

Suck it up, buddy. You is poor AF right now, and we can't be picky.


After work I sent him to Blue Velvet and finally, FINALLY we manage to meet some random-generated sims. We have two candidates at this point, the dark-skinned gentleman currently chatting Chester up and then the woman in the blue and white top at the far end of the bar.

I decided to let things happen a little organically and just see if Chester showed any sort of preference on his own.


Before we left the lot, Chester made sure to nab a few of these burgers and pack them into lunch bags. I'd hoped they would keep a little longer that way.

CHESTER - This just feels extra sad, somehow.


His first day's paycheck (supplemented with more gathering) and we were able to afford a toilet, fridge and single counter. Yaaaaay!


Chester needed some fun, so he spammed some games on his cellphone.

CHESTER - Yes! I caught a Meduso!

RANDO-LADY - What . . . is he doing?

What, you never heard of Voidcritter Go! before? Leave my bb alone, he's having fun.


CHESTER - This burger smells funny . . .

No sweetie, that would be you. The burgers DID go off not long after this, but I swear at the time of eating it, it was fine.


We had a late-night visitor that night . . .

VLAD - Curse you, trash-can! I SMITE THEE!

Dammit, Vlad! What the hell, man?!

VLAD - I am the Night! I fear nothing!


VLAD - Except bugs. Always clean up after yourselves, people. Do you want ants? Cause that's how you get ants.

(Not subtle Archer reference is not subtle). But seriously, he kicked over the trash can, then immediately picked it up, picked up the garbage, then ran off.


Another day, another trip to the library. And its here that I realize the lady at the bar is actually the librarian! Since Chester got along so well with her at Blue Velvet, I decided that it was destiny. Her name is Prisha Basu, and Chester laid the groundwork for a potential spouse. AKA social spam.


Back on the home lot we now had enough to build some walls around the bathroom fixtures (which now includes a shower). Since Seasons is right around the corner (at the time of playing) I'm prioritizing walls a little more than I used to.


As evening fell, Chester invited Prisha to the home lot to continue schmoozing. Luckily it seems she's buying whatever Chester here is pumping out.

CHESTER - I don't want to toot my own horn or anything--

Too late.

CHESTER - but I'm actually the founder of a Legacy.

PRISHA - Woooooow.

CHESTER - IKR?


So let the flirts begin! Ah, she seems receptive!


Even though, from the looks of THAT, I have no idea why she would. Wow, Chester. Just . . . wow.


More flirtatious spam! Chester does me proud and quickly secures his first ever kiss.


As well as Boyfriend/Girlfriend status! Woo!


And then right into bed. Wow, moving fast there, kids. But then, this IS a legacy. There's no such thing as too fast in legacy relationships. No try for baby yet though, just some good ol' woo-hoo fun to celebrate Prisha moving in!



And here we have her, post make-over. I had fun playing up what I saw as a middle-eastern appearance in her fashion choices. And now for formal introductions; Prisha Basu is a Neat, Hot-Headed Bookworm sim with the Grilled Cheese Aspiration!! I've never gotten to play with that yet in TS4, so I'm psyched.



The next day, and we have some wholesome (and not so wholesome) bonding over bowls of breakfast cereal.



After Chester goes to work for the day, I discover something surprising (and oddly hilarious given the circumstances). Turns out Prisha here has a romantic relationship with Nelson Lofton, Chester's 2nd option of potential spouse. I made sure to have her invite him over, throw out a cold-shoulder or two and then demand to just be friends. No cheating in this generation, ma'am!



Then it was off to the library to read some skill books, for fun and profit. The collectables in this hood have yet to respawn though. This seems to happen in all my games. The rocks/plants will spawn once, but then never respawn after they're gathered that first time. So weird.



So we headed off to the Oasis Springs park instead. Lots of rocks on this lot, I love it.



Prisha bagged us enough simoleons to purchase our own home computer (with desk and chair), so yay for that! I'm one of those simmers who spends 95% of their time on the home lot, I don't really like heading out into the world much if I can avoid it. Kind of like in real life!

. . . . yes, I'm a terrible hermit and homebody. I admit it. Lol



Chester came home after his promotion looking like THIS hot mess. I think Prisha's expression mirrors my own reaction quite accurately.

PRISHA - Chester, what in the name of the Holy Llama are you WEARING?!

CHESTER - What? The guys from the office said this was the latest trend!

PRISHA - Oh, sweetie . . . .

When you're too gullible to realize you've just been the butt of someone's prank . . . lol, Chester.



I was originally going to sign Prisha up in the Writing career, since she's a bookworm. But I changed my mind, not wanting two sims fighting over the single computer all the time. I signed her up for the Painter career instead. We need a portrait painter anyways, and selling paintings is a great source of income.



So Prisha got an easel and got right to work.



Sudden outfit changes, what's this? Legacy Wedding time on the front lawn? You betcha!



But then I realized I'd neglected to get them engaged yet. Lol oops. So we had to do that first. 

PRISHA - Hrm . . . not the biggest diamond . . . but I suppose it will do.

CHESTER - Oh thank plumbobs.



Okay then, let's try this again! WEDDING MONTAGE IS A GO!



Does 2 screens make a montage?

Well whatever, it's time to Try For Baby! I swear this is the longest I've ever waited to start the next generation in any of my legacies. I have no self-control.



Toilet confetti! That means Prisha is officially incubating Generation 2!



I neglected to get a clear shot of it, but we now have a stove (as well as the recycle trashcan that will more than pay for itself over time). This means Prisha can get to work on her Grilled Cheese aspiration. It took me a while to actually get credit for it though. Turns out, even though she started with the aspiration, she still had to do the 'Eat 3 Grilled Cheese in immediate succession' to unlock all the socials for it. Weird, but okay.



No legacy is complete without broken plumbing. Good on you, Chester.

CHESTER - It's spewing toilet water in my face.

I . . . am so sorry.



Low fun and low social? Double fist pump? I know what that meeeeans!

WOO-HOO TIMEZ!



Grilled Cheezus in the mornin, Grilled Cheezus in the evenin', Grilled Cheezus at supper time. This is all Prisha eats. And she lurvs it. Also, we can see the start of her little baby bump now, yaaay!



Chester payin' the bills, being all bawse and responsible like a future dad should be.



PRISHA - I'm nauseous. I don't know if it's morning sickness or the sight of this hideous travesty that the game has dressed me in for a 'work outfit.'

Yeah . . . what the heck is up with that lately?
 

Being a bookworm, Prisha loves to read and gets plenty of Fun from it. So I bought her some Parenting skill books to peruse in her off-hours, leaving the computer free for Chester's video gaming and programming.



A dirty, scummy shower . . . the Neat sim's personal hell. There was no way Prisha was going to use it in that condition. I love how Neat sims get happy moodlets from cleaning things, too.



See that red plumbob? Prisha is currently near passing out with exhaustion on top of a couple other low moodlets.

And she chooses THIS moment to suddenly go into labor as well. Because of course she does.



PRISHA - I'm pretty sure it's against some sort of FDA regulation for me to consume this while pregnant . . . .

Just hush and drink your Sleep Replacement potion! I decided I want to send my sims to the hospital to have their babies this go-around so I get the birth certificates.



Loaded in to the hospital lot with Chester and he immediately starts the pre-parental freak out. Our doctor seems far too laid-back/amused with the situation for my personal taste . . . Prisha meanwhile has no Effs to give for either of them, immediately heading inside to get checked in.

PRISHA - I'm about to go have this baby, with or without you. So make up your minds, in or out.

Lol, savage.



Once in the machine, Dr. McCreeperton starts throwing out some seriously skeevy expressions. Like, ew man. Ew.



CHESTER - What is even happening right now?! WAS THAT HER HEART HE JUST YANKED OUT?!

PRISHA - Chester, scream in my ear one more time and see what happens.



Despite all the drama, the first of our second-second generation is born, and it's a boy! Our naming theme for this generation will be Dragon Age Origins, thus I name this little cutie Alistair Gieke.



And here is where I'll leave you. I have Seasons installed now (so much fun omg) and we should start seeing that by the middle to end of next chapter at least. So until then, happy simming!!

5 comments:

  1. OMG this was one of my fav legacies and I'm so glad you brought him back! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! I'm glad you're you're glad and even more that you told me! Thanks for coming back and reading our new beginning!

      Delete
  2. I loved the Giekes in their first incarnation! I'm so glad to see Chester's return. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks so much, that's what I like to hear. I'm glad to see Chester again too. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. OMG! Apparently librarians make for good spouses. Another legacy I just started reading also married one and my founder of my Wilde ISBI married one too! Funnily enough, my librarian also had the neat and bookworm traits as well as the grilled cheese aspiration... hahaha!

    ReplyDelete